Wednesday 19 May 2010

Excuses, excuses...

Remember how I said I would blog "tomorrow night"? Well, that would have been Saturday. I had good intentions, honestly.

However, by the time I arrived back at college, the internet had gone kaput. It remained MIA for 4 days. FOUR WHOLE DAYS. Without facebook, or e-mail access! Just me in my lonely college room in the middle of nowhere... Feeling sorry for me yet? ;-)

So there is my excuse for not blogging *that* time. I think it's fairly acceptable.

The praise service was really good - Lovely Friend and I watched Oklahoma on Friday night... Weird, weird musical. Give me Calamity Jane any day... *sigh*

Then on Saturday, we watched the ENTIRE 4 hours of North and South, with this guy ^^^^ as the leading man... A picture speaks a thousand words, so I'll leave you to consider which 1000 would go with him ;-)

My Greek exam is on Friday afternoon - please pray for me :-/ Mrs. W keeps saying "The LORD won't do for you what you can do for yourself." and as much as I know that that is true, I need a Divine miracle over the next 36 hours to help me remember all of the stuff I'm supposed to have remembered!

The light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be just that :-) praise the LORD for answered prayer, however long it takes! He continues to provide, and is faithful to help in time of need!


Some particularly encouraging verses that have comforted my soul this week:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps... Thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

"The LORD hath given, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

What a comfort! To know that the LORD is Sovereign over all - to know that whatever happens to me is in the purpose of God, whether it is to encourage, to comfort, to chasten or to draw me closer to Himself :-)

I'm excited about the future. I'm excited about now.

No comments: